10 Reasons why English is Important in Our Lives
Why is it important to learn English? With over 195 countries in the world, it’s nearly impossible to learn every single language to communicate. Every person needs a common language to understand each other: English. It is the international language of communication, education, business, and the Internet.
Still not convinced about learning it? Here are ten good reasons to study English:
● With almost 1.5 billion speakers worldwide, English is the most widely spoken language in the world. t One out of five people or one-third of the world population can speak or at least understand English.
● English is the language of the Internet. Did you know that 80% of the information stored on the Internet is in English? Search engines and social media networks are written in English. 52% of the world’s most visited websites are displayed in English. Learning English gives you more access to the Internet.
● English is the international language of business. Knowing English increases your chances of landing a job in a multinational company in your own country and abroad. Global companies prefer English as their official corporate language. If you know English your chances to get a better job locally or abroad are higher.
● Traveling to another country is fun. But for the millions of tourists who visit other countries every year, communicating in English is a must. If you want to express what you want to a local or you want to ask for directions or just ask for help in general, it’s easier to do it in English.
● Have you ever wondered why some English words sound like native words from other countries? It’s because a lot of English words are derived from its sister languages such as German, French, Latin, Greek, etc.
● English is the language of the entertainment industry. A lot of good movies, books, TV shows, and music are in English. If you learn English, you won’t need to rely on translations and subtitles anymore.
● English is easy to learn. There are only 26 letters in the English alphabet making it easy to learn compared to other languages. Because it’s used widely globally, there are endless resources if you want to learn it for free. Speaking of resources, EnglishCentral can help you learn English for free. All you need is to download the EnglishCentral app on your mobile phone and start your adventure through interactive learning.
● English is the language of education. There are thousands of schools and universities around the world that offer programs in English especially if you want to pursue higher education. Universities that offer postgraduate studies usually require English in their curriculum.
● English improves your quality of life. It gives you access to more job, travel, educational, dating, and business opportunities. It’s highly likely that you will meet new people every day. If you want to make connections with people locally and abroad, you need to know the language.
● English is fun! Learning the language doesn’t have to be boring. You can learn English through online games, movies, music, books, or small talk. The EnglishCentral app allows you to study all of these through videos with interactive subtitles based on your English level for a better and fun experience.
To summarize everything, English is used in every field so it helps you do all kinds of things. It helps you learn more about the English culture and it helps you connect with other people easily.